- RSS Channel Showcase 3044247
- RSS Channel Showcase 2693681
- RSS Channel Showcase 9999610
- RSS Channel Showcase 8071502
Articles on this Page
- 06/22/17--11:26: _Vive ‘Knuckle’ cont...
- 07/15/17--06:30: _Report: Oculus to a...
- 07/20/17--01:30: _Communal Combat Mis...
- 07/20/17--02:19: _All DOOM multiplaye...
- 07/20/17--02:26: _Path of Exile’s Fal...
- 07/20/17--03:29: _Observer coming Aug...
- 07/20/17--04:18: _American Truck Simu...
- 07/20/17--07:09: _Rogue Trooper Redux...
- 07/20/17--07:30: _Have You Played… Re...
- 07/20/17--08:49: _Doomfist punches in...
- 07/20/17--09:00: _Podcast: The Electr...
- 07/20/17--09:54: _Destroy all monster...
- 07/20/17--10:45: _Strike Vector back ...
- 07/20/17--11:00: _Wot I Think: Yonder...
- 07/20/17--12:00: _Very realistic foot...
- 07/20/17--12:30: _Behold The Kickmen ...
- 07/20/17--13:00: _Why Nvidia is overc...
- 07/21/17--01:30: _Communal Combat Mis...
- 07/21/17--02:59: _Call of Duty: WW2 r...
- 07/21/17--04:01: _Just Cause 3 Multip...
- 06/22/17--11:26: Vive ‘Knuckle’ controllers promise five-finger gestures
- 07/15/17--06:30: Report: Oculus to announce $200 standalone VR headset this year
- 07/20/17--01:30: Communal Combat Mission: Turn 6
- 07/20/17--02:19: All DOOM multiplayer DLC is now free
- 07/20/17--02:26: Path of Exile’s Fall of Oriath expansion hits August 4th
- 07/20/17--03:29: Observer coming August 15th, starring Rutger Hauer
- 07/20/17--07:09: Rogue Trooper Redux blasts out on October 17th
- 07/20/17--07:30: Have You Played… Reading The Manual On The Way Home From The Shop?
- 07/20/17--08:49: Doomfist punches into Overwatch proper next week
- 07/20/17--09:54: Destroy all monsters! Gigantic released
- 07/20/17--10:45: Strike Vector back with an EX, becomes mechdaddy
- 07/20/17--11:00: Wot I Think: Yonder – The Cloud Catcher Chronicles
- 07/20/17--12:30: Behold The Kickmen can’t escape the problems of football games
- 07/20/17--13:00: Why Nvidia is overcharging us all off, just a bit
- 07/21/17--01:30: Communal Combat Mission: Turn 7
- 07/21/17--02:59: Call of Duty: WW2 recruits Doctor Who for Nazi Zombies
- 07/21/17--04:01: Just Cause 3 Multiplayer mod explodes onto Steam
As much as I still have brief giggles with the occasional VR toy, it’d take something close to a miracle to make me spend more large sums of money on anything goggle-related any time soon. Where once I might have gazed at details about Valve’s upcoming second generation motion controller for the Vive with covetous […]
Facebook is planning to unveil a $200 (£150-odd) wireless Oculus VR headset later this year that you can use without connecting to either a PC or a phone, according to a Bloomberg report. The new headset, codename “Pacific”, will be a fully standalone product. So you’ll be able to take it out of the box, […]
Every year The Flare Path runs a communal Combat Mission skirmish in which RPS readers attempt to outwit and outfight CM’s decidedly dangerous AI. Turns span 60 seconds and rarely go according to plan. Late-war and Eastern Front, this year’s scrap takes place in a German-held Baltic port. Five turns after leaving their deployment zone, […]
There’s plenty of gloom to go around, even at the best of times, but can we ever have enough DOOM [official site] in our lives? Well, this weekend there will be DOOM for all as last year’s unexpectedly brill reboot is free on Steam from 6pm UK time (1pm EST) today. You can play the […]
Fine free-to-play action-RPG Path of Exile will launch its next expansion on August 4th, developers Grinding Gear Games announced last night. The expansion, named The Fall of Oriath [official site], will introduce a new act sending players back to the land they were exiled from. Time for some frank conversations with the ruling powers, I’m […]
First-person cyberpunk thrill-o-horror Observer [official site] will launch on August 15th, developers Bloober Team have announced. After trapping us in a painter’s kooky spookhouse with Layers of Fear, this time Bloober are blasting us off into the grim future where everything sucks. It stars a cyberdetective jacking into suspects’ heads, and Bloober have now confirmed […]
I like American Truck Simulator [official site] because it’s a dreamland version of the USA, one which looks a bit like the country does in movies but is quite separate from reality. This will soon change. Developers SCS Software have announced that ATS’s next update will soon close a section of its virtual Highway 1, […]
Rebellion today announced that Rogue Trooper Redux [official site], the fancied-up re-release of their perfectly good 7/10 cover shooter, will launch on October 17th. The original still runs on modern system — and looks pretty good at a 1800p resolution — but sure, it’ll be nice to see the game spruced up a little. Accompanying […]
Have You Played? is an endless stream of game retrospectives. One a day, every day, perhaps for all time. In this digital age, there are probably hundreds of people who’ve never experienced the joy of sitting on public transport with a boxed game in their lap. I lament for those people and strongly advise them […]
After several weeks beating the bag on the Overwatch test servers, new character Doomfist is almost ready to start pounding faces properly. The villain will arrive next Thursday, July 27th, Blizzard announced this week. If you prefer not to tamper with test servers and unfinished bits, you might want to meet Doomfist in this here […]
What’s that faint light? It’s the glare of the RPS podcast, the Electronic Wireless Show, crashing through the atmosphere of the internet like an unstoppable comet capable of both massive destruction and enlightened conversation. This week, we’ve all been playing transhumanist adventure game Sun Dogs, which sees us romping through the solar system, necking drinks […]
Gigantic, the free-to-play multiplayer brawl-o-shooter where each team has the support of a honking great monster, has left early access and launched in full. It offers class-based 5v5 fisticuffs, and did I mention the big monsters? Matches climax with the two bigguns scrapping, see, each team trying to help their megafriend out. It’s a bit […]
Look at this rusty old mechplane. Strike Vector, is it? It’s three years old, get it out of here! We have a shiny new one landing on the pad right now. An updated version of the super-speedy multiplayer dogfighter has just touched down, and it’s bringing a singleplayer campaign, skirmish mode, bots and some other […]
Ignore the silly name, Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles [official site] is pretty special. A combat-free, risk-free game of exploration and meandering, farming and cat-gathering, questing and lazily fishing. Here’s wot I think:
Behold the Kickmen [official site], the arcade game about football, known in some parts of the world as British Football, has been released this day. It’s by Dan Marshall and Size Five Games, makers of The Swindle. Dan started working on the ball-kicker as part of a game jam but was whisked away by the […]
Behold The Kickmen [official site] is an almost-football sportsball game: there’s a ball and two teams trying to get it in each other’s goal via tackling, sprinting, passing and kicking. It’s only almost-football though because it has been designed by someone with a wilfull ignorance of football’s details, and who dislikes the sport but did […]
As I was saying, Intel’s CPU strategy has gone into meltdown. As a consequence, the cynicism of its approach in the face of weak competition – right up until AMD pulled its new Ryzen out of the proverbial – has been laid bare. But it’s not just Chipzilla that’s worthy of your scorn. For some […]
Every year The Flare Path runs a communal Combat Mission skirmish in which RPS readers attempt to outwit and outfight CM’s decidedly dangerous AI. Turns span 60 seconds and rarely go according to plan. Late-war and Eastern Front, this year’s scrap takes place in a German-held Baltic port. Six turns after leaving their deployment zone, the […]
Actors including David Tennant (Ian Whom PhD), Elodie Yung (Electro), Katheryn Winnick (Ribs), Ving Rhames (Quentin Tarantino’s A True Story), and Udo Kier (Disturbia) are lending their voices to characters in the cooperative Nazi Zombies mode of Call of Duty: WW2 [official site], Activision announce. I’m sure they’re fine actors but the next CoD: Infinite […]
What is the weekend for if not banter, antics, and japery? Go on, round up the lads and hop in the bantmobile to speed smash boat bash plane dash around Just Cause 3 now that its multiplayer mod [official site] has left beta and exploded onto Steam. The unofficial (but sanctioned) mod lets hundreds of […]